Dear Old Hawthorne Member,
The Club at Old Hawthorne has recently established a relationship with Dallas, Texas, based ClubCorp (www.ClubCorp.com). To be clear, The Club at Old Hawthorne will NOT be changing ownership and will NOT be managed by ClubCorp. However, beginning soon, all Athletic and Golf members of Old Hawthorne will receive privileges and special benefits at hundreds and hundreds of private golf & country clubs, private fine dining clubs, athletic and social clubs, hotels & resorts, and entertainment venues across the country – all by virtue of your membership here at the club.
In addition, your new privileges include a tremendous concierge service, the ClubLine, who can provide VIP ticket access for sports, concerts and other entertainment events nationally as well as dining reservations at other private clubs, tee times at hundreds of country clubs, benefits at hotels and much more. We are very pleased to provide ClubBenefits (www.ClubBenefitsOnline.com) as part of your membership to The Club at Old Hawthorne. We hope you will enjoy these added privileges and that they enhance your club membership experience.
To even further enhance your membership, members of The Club at Old Hawthorne will have the opportunity to enjoy Signature Gold Unlimited: an elective category of membership in this program which provides complimentary green fees and complimentary dining at participating clubs, as you travel.
While there are over 300 clubs that provide access and/or complimentary benefits, below are just a few: (click on the club name to go to their website)
Firestone Country Club – Akron
The Woodlands Country Club – Houston
Anthem Golf & Country Club – Phoenix
Indian Wells Country Club – Palm Springs
Winghaven Country Club – St. Louis
Canyon Gate Country Club – Las Vegas
Tower Club – Ft. Lauderdale
Gleneagles Country Club – Dallas
Atlanta National Golf Club – Atlanta
Metropolitan Club – Chicago
Aspen Glen Club – Aspen
Nicklaus Golf Club at Lionsgate – Kansas City
Tampa Palms Country Club – Tampa
Coto de Caza Golf & Racquet Club – Orange County
Citrus Club – Orlando
Blackstone Country Club – Denver
Marsh Creek Country Club – St. Augustine
Glen Oaks Country Club – Des Moines
Hawthorns Golf & Country Club – Indianapolis
English Turn Golf & Country Club – New Orleans
Ipswich Country Club – Boston
TPC Piper Glen – Charlotte
Pinehurst Resort & Country Club – Pinehurst
Oak Tree Country Club – Oklahoma City
Country Club of Hilton Head – Hilton Head
Greystone Country Club – Birmingham
Diamante Golf Club – Hot Springs
Piedmont Club – Washington DC
Mission Hills Country Club – Palm Springs
Amelia National Golf & Country Club – Jacksonville
Colony Golf & Country Club – Naples
Currahee Club – Atlanta/Greenville
The ClubBenefits level is available to all Athletic and Golf members at no charge. This membership provides:
1. (2) rounds of golf per month at each participating country/golf clubs paying the “guest of member” rate and cart fee.
2. (2) business club reservations per month at each participating clubs.
3. VIP reservations at restaurants, hotels and resorts worldwide
4. Access to the top theater, concert and sporting events worldwide.
5. 14-day advanced tee time availability.
6. Personal concierge staff through the use of ClubLine.
***The club will be paying for and providing the ClubBenefits level of membership to all Athletic and Golf (all types) members.
The enhanced Signature Gold Unlimited membership is an upgrade to the ClubBenefits level. The Signature Gold Unlimited membership is available only to Golf members (all types) of Old Hawthorne. Signature Gold Unlimited members pay dues of $50/month + tax. This is per membership, not per person. Signature Gold Unlimited members will receive:
1. (2) round of golf per month at each participating country/golf clubs paying only cart fees.
2. (2) complimentary four course meals at each participating business clubs. Alcohol, specialty drinks, service charge, tax and gratuity are not included.
3. Complimentary TaylorMade loaner clubs at all ClubCorp owned country clubs.
4. 30-day advanced tee time availability.
5. Special offerings at more than 1,000 hotels, resorts, restaurants and entertainment venues including concert tickets, sporting events and exclusive member experiences.
6. Subscription to Private Clubs magazine that features many of the locations that you can go to take advantage of your benefits.
7. Personal concierge staff through the use of ClubLine.
***Members who elect to upgrade to Signature Gold Unlimited will pay $50/month + tax per membership (not person) in dues on your Old Hawthorne account.
- The ClubBenefits membership has no enrollment fee required. The Signature Gold Unlimited membership has a $5,000 enrollment fee unless we are conducting an open enrollment time frame that is determined by ClubCorp. Beginning on the date of our kickoff event, November 3rd, eligible members will have the chance to upgrade to the Signature Gold level while paying no enrollment fee. You may downgrade from your Signature Gold Unlimited membership to the ClubBenefits level with a 30 day written notice. If by chance someone enrolls in the Signature Gold program, and downgrades to ClubBenefits after a period of time, they must pay the enrollment fee to reactivate their Signature Gold Unlimited benefits.
- Qualifying new members that join us after the open enrollment will have the same 30 days to make a decision on whether they would like to upgrade to the Signature Gold level.
- While the club will be paying for you to be a part of this program, we also must reciprocate and accept some outside play from members of other clubs that participate in this program. We do not expect it to have a noticeable impact on your usage of the club but it will be monitored to ensure that we are meeting your needs first and foremost.
- Guests are welcome when enjoying your benefit, but are not eligible to utilize the complimentary benefits. It is each club’s sole discretion on what guests that are not on the membership are charged.
- Guest rates and cart fees for each facility are available through ClubLine.
- Payments for purchases of goods or services at each club can be made with a major credit card.
- The Club at Porto Cima will not provide complimentary benefits through the Signature Gold Unlimited membership. Porto Cima will provide access through the ClubBenefits level.
- National Golf members will not be able to utilize any of the benefits from either membership (ClubBenefits or Signature Gold Unlimited) at participating clubs in the market area where their primary residence is located.
- Secret Tip: Many participating members of this program from all over the country plan trips utilizing their benefits at the end of a month and carry them over to the next month. The limitation on usage is by the month. You can plan to play golf at any number of places at the end of a month, and then play them again, based on availability, after the month changes.
- Feel free to check out all of the participating clubs and venues and the benefits they provide by going to www.clubbenefitsonline.com. Click to see The List from Fall 2016.
For a complete roster of participating clubs in Signature Gold Unlimited,and to learn more about the program, you may visit The Benefits Finder at ClubCorpNetwork.com or you may contact the club.
While there is a $5,000 enrollment fee for Signature Gold (keep reading below!), it is only $50 per month per membership (not per person). You are not required to commit long-term as the benefit is just on a month-to-month basis. Members traveling with their Signature Gold Unlimited benefits can save thousands of dollars on meals and great golf and enjoy the red-carpet experience, enjoy the private club atmosphere as you travel and show-off to your friends in cities as close as St. Louis, Kansas City, and Springfield and destinations like Orlando, Las Vegas, New York, Chicago and beyond.
Even further, the club will be hosting an open-enrollment for Members interested in trying out the Signature Gold lifestyle. Until December 21st, The Club at Old Hawthorne will be satisfying the $5,000 enrollment fee. Members electing to try Signature Gold would only pay the additional $50 per month per membership.
For more information on our ClubCorp benefits, please contact our membership director, Chad McMinn.
Travis McCubbin, PGA/CMAA
The Club at Old Hawthorne